Wednesday, July 06, 2005

view to a kill

Wired News: "Steel Curtain Rings Down
James Henry Smith was a zealous Pittsburgh Steelers fan in life, and even death could not keep him from his favorite spot: in a recliner, in front of a TV showing his beloved team in action. Smith, 55, of Pittsburgh, died of prostate cancer Thursday. Because his death wasn't unexpected, his family was able to plan for an unusual viewing Tuesday night. The Samuel E. Coston Funeral Home erected a small stage in a viewing room, and arranged furniture on it much as it was in Smith's home on game day Sundays. Smith's body was on the recliner, his feet crossed and a remote in his hand. He wore black and gold silk pajamas, slippers and a robe. A pack of cigarettes and a beer were at his side, while a high-definition TV played a continuous loop of Steelers highlights.
-- Associated Press"



So Basically, you got to view the lifestyle that probably killed him. Nice.

It's kinda like a death diarama. Leave a comment - come up with your own death diarama.


Winner gets a signed "The Last Broadcast" DVD.

2 comments:

  1. Me personally I think that is all to creepy. I don't want my loved ones to see my empty shell. But if that is what we are going to do then this is what I want. I want to have me standing up like a wax figure, surrounded by actual wax fiugres, all posed as if we are standing in front of the Grand Canyon (with a huge background shot of the GC). Grinning with our arms around each other, dressed in horrific plaid tourists clothing. That would be me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ones...

    Waiting for some more. Hey, COMMENT on them, don't email me.

    I'm still looking for the one that combines a few things -

    Points for:

    1. irony of life and death
    2. Humor
    3. existential statements

    ReplyDelete