Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Pardon the Turkey

There's this tradition, a really dumb one if you ask me (which you didn't) where the president "pardons" a turkey or two during Thanksgiving.
I'm not really sure what that's supposed to imply, but it struck me funny just now as I read about it.

I kid you not, here is an excerpt from the CNN story. You can hit the title link to read the whole thing if you're so inclined.


Pardoned Thanksgiving turkeys heading to Disneyland










President Bush pardons the national Thanksgiving Turkey "Marshmallow" Tuesday."


WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush spared two turkeys from becoming Thanksgiving dinner. Instead, the birds are going to Disneyland.

Thousands of people voted on the White House Web site to name the national turkey "Marshmallow" and an alternate called "Yam." At a ceremony Tuesday, Bush peered into Marshmallow's eyes, stroked its white fluffy feathers and patted its red head.



It goes on, but that's the cruxt.


It's too easy - Is Bush's new name Marshmallow?


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Stefan Avalos, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on free wood working furniture plan I ended up on your page. Obviously your site is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for free wood working furniture plan. Should the need ever arise where you need information on free wood working furniture plan then drop by for a look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stefan Avalos, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on free wood working furniture plan I somehow ended up on your page. As your Pardon the Turkey is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about free wood working furniture plan, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stefan Avalos, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on wood working store, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about wood working store.

    ReplyDelete