Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

The windows are opened wide to a hazy, lazy, warm Christmas day in L.A.
I decided not to go back to Pennsylvania this year for a variety of reasons, upon none of which I will elaborate.  

Christmas in L.A. – warm, no snow. Some love it, some find it depressing, you can make as much or as little of it as you like. It has been unseasonably warm, even by Socal standards – meaning that we hit 83 odd degrees yesterday. It’s a pleasant 70 right now.

Last night, I celebrated Christmas Eve with friends and an incredible Victorian style dinner. I made the mincemeat pie, not having any idea of what it was before embarking on a recipe hunt. It came out quite well, if I may say so myself. A Jewish/Moslem couple recently ensconced in the hills of Sierra Madre hosted the evening. The party, a wonderful mix of French, Swiss, Turk, Cuban/German (that’s me) and miscellaneous American heritages, we sang carols, drank eggnog, and feasted till we could drink, eat and sing no more.  

How’s that for celebrating the birth of Christianity?

Anyway, here’s hoping that your feasts and friends are also good. Enjoy the holidays and try not to make religion or consumerism too big a part of them.

2 comments:

  1. How can you call your blog STEFAN AVALOS TELLS ALL and then say you won't say why you're not coming back east for Christmas?

    That sounds like the truth's gotta be juicy!

    You pooped out on all of us...your avid blog readers. We live for details...as our own lives are sorely lacking any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stefan Avalos, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on wood working idea I somehow ended up on your page. As your Merry Christmas is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about wood working idea, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete