Saturday, May 13, 2006

Been a little while

Been a while since my last entry. That’s a sign that I’m busy.
The microphone project has been a smashing success, so much so, that I’ve created an area on my website about it. If you’re interested in perhaps building a high quality microphone yourself and have a little bit of knowledge about electronics, I recommend this highly. Just click on DIY GUY on my website. www.stefanavalos.com

Diamond Road, or whatever it’ll be called, has finally been re-outlined. I went through the most serious “lack of inspiration” time period that I’ve had in a long time. Thankfully, persistence got me through it. Hopefully now that the new treatment is finished, a draft will only take a few weeks.

To my left, a large editing workstation is capturing footage from The Last Broadcast raw tapes. I can announce publicly now that a re-release of the movie is under way. It’ll be out this fall, in time for Halloween. A Brand-spanking new DVD, it’ll feature the Remastered movie, new extras in addition to the original extras, new commentary, etc.

There will also be a very special bonus feature. Fans of comic books will be very excited, I think. Stephen Bissette (Swamp thing, Taboo) will be doing a mini-comic book, which will be part of the first run of DVD’s.  It’ll be a definite collectors item.

Stay tuned for a “new” official site featuring the original 1996-97 website. It’s a real trip down memory lane, and hard to believe that it’s been nearly ten years already since Lance and I went into production on that movie.

Speaking of trips down memory lane, I had an opportunity to see Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation. Talk about the most joyous reliving of childhood! If you haven’t heard of this movie, it’s a scene-by-scene remake of Raiders of the Lost Ark, made by three boys in Mississippi after they saw Raiders. I too was making my little “Raiders” type movies when I was twelve, as were a lot of boys of that time. Mine were about five minutes a piece. These guys, however, remade the whole feature! It took them seven years, but yikes. Rolling boulders, Nazis, barroom brawls, caves, THE TRUCK CHASE. It’s all there.
There is a feature film about their lives in development. I think if it ever gets made, it could be one of the ultimate “wonder years” type looking back on childhood movies ever. My vote is for Robert Zemeckis to direct.




No comments:

Post a Comment