Thursday, November 23, 2006

Just like Disneyworld

Last night, Marianne and I went into a Sharper Image store in our local mall. We were seduced by a massage seat cushion thing that I can best describe as ghostly but firm hands, trained in the basics of Shiatsu, pushing at your back from any chair you put it on. Pretty awesome. If you've never tried it, I dare you.

While perusing the store, I realized with great delight, that we are in the glory days of small remote controlled vehicles. Friends of mine have been helping me amass an empire of low cost, cars, UFO’s, an airplane and a Spider - all controlled by three or less buttons. But there are still helicopters, dinosaurs and more, still to be added. Glory days indeed.

As we were leaving the store, the soulful brown eyes of about seven “Alive” Chimpanzees, all in boxes, stopped me. The eyes were soulful, because the box told me they were.

Reading the box, I was boggled by the promises. An animatronic chimp! It could be in my office, on my desk! It could baffle strangers!
Too cool. The things I could do with an animatronic Chimp head… Of course, wondering about that is what stopped me from instantly plunking down my hard earned credit card and purchasing it.

Today, still thinking about the chimp, I went to Sharper Image online and found the page with the chimp. Complete with photos, selling points and cool box photo, it also includes a video.

Check it out and tell me – do you think the video is a good selling point?

No comments:

Post a Comment