Monday, October 27, 2008

Hittin’ The Road

Got a gig that will be taking me out of town for about eight weeks over the next three months. When a job happens, it tends to happen fast. For this one, I had about a week notice and just got my itinerary this past Friday. I leave tomorrow morning – so, wheeee, of I go.

That's show business. Like working for the government, one is often required to drop everything and just go - wherever. Thankfully, the people that I hang with and the woman that I'm seeing, are also in the business and familiar with its turbulent nature. However, it is not easy on social life or whatever other jobs you are involved with. I have to unfortunately give up two projects I was very excited about.

Being a single person now, plans for house care - cat, bills, plants, trash – also take on a different level of planning than in the past. And what about voting? Aargh, absentee ballot mail-ins are tricky when you don't know what address things should be sent to.

I will try to blog a little from the deep south of the United States, which is where I am going to be in about 30 hours. It'll be interesting… especially on November 4th.

1 comment:

  1. Just think of being in the South like it's a REALLY ELABORATE set. That way anything that strikes you as odd (or even offensive) is a set up for a scene. I grew up in the Deep South and having recently returned, that's what I do. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete