Friday, January 12, 2007

Give Me Ninety Eight Point Six

A quick, brief update as the weekend begins. Thanks to all of you that have expressed concern about my ongoing ‘bug’. Last night turned out to be the worst of it actually. I guess I had a fever for large part of the day, but it wasn’t till dinner that I really noticed it. I went to bed about eight o’clock, freezing. Later I awoke, soaked in sweat. I tossed the blankets off to cool down – to ICE Cold! And so it went for the next few hours – a trippy alternating of shivering then sweating. No matter what blanket I used, my body temp wasn’t sticking. Around four in the morning, I woke up, shivering – but this time it felt like I was just cold from the lack of blankets. I covered up and slept like a rock till eight o’clock in the morning.

Twelve hours of sleep!

Now, I’m feeling pretty good. Yes, I have still have the cough, and the congested nose, but today is pretty much the first time, um, this year (haha) that I’ve felt decent. Every day I’ve kept telling myself and been hopeful that I was over the worst of it, but I think this is really it. I’m also writing this at the end of the day, so it hasn’t just been the morning talking. I think Marianne is also feeling better. I got hit worst, but she had it bad too.

The one thing we didn’t get till late in the game was a vaporizer. Very important – if you get this bug (and if you’re in Socal, it seems damn likely), get a vaporizer. Okay, maybe that’s obvious, but it’s a simple public service message.

Hopefully, I’ll move away from the monotonous entries that have thus far made up 2007.

When I return, and I do think I am returning soon – I have a nice list of topics that have been on my mind.

And that’s it for Friday evening. I’m sitting in my new office chair, loving it. I’ll even describe that a bit more soon.

If you found this incredibly mundane, please - go to the archives and read something else, or go to my main site and read something. Did you know you can hear me play the violin if you dig into the microphone pages?

No comments:

Post a Comment