Monday, February 26, 2007

Everywhere around town, I am guessing that people are approaching their jobs with renewed vigor. The day after the academy awards and people are inspired. I know as I opened the document called brainstorming.doc, I was. But here I am doing a blog.

To me, it seemed that Last night's Oscars moved along at a nice swing. It helps to be – A. on the west coast where it's not insanely late when they finally end, and B. having a party where the wine flows freely and an abundance of good food is mere steps away. The awards were given to a wide range of people, the horrible dance numbers were replaced with a truly cool shadow dance show – and surprise for me who has never been a fan – Ellen DeGeneres was a really good host. Most importantly, Scorsese finally got one, and Inconvenient Truth got one. Of course, there was cheese – the worst in my opinion being Michael Mann's montage for I don't know what. Additionally, the writers montage would have been better if the entire three minutes had just been shots of empty pages through the years – empty page in a manual typewriter, empty page in an electric typewriter, green dos prompt blinking, and finally a beautifully rendered I beam cursor blinking patiently in Final Draft Version 7. But this is Hollywood, where we make everything seem sexy - so – inspired writers tapping away followed just a bit of the loneliness of the long distance writer. After all, no one wants to know the truth, do they?

And, at the insistence of the blinking cursor in a window beneath this document, I'm off to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment