Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Things to do when you should be working

For no real good reason, I was on Craigslist today seeing what the prices of flat screen televisions were.

It's interesting to see these big ticket items being sold because you can imagine the story behind the post. The dreamers that moved to L.A. only to give it up, the people who over extended themselves, the studio engineer who decides to become an accountant after all… etc.

Then I found this one…

Plasma TV 42 Inches JVC PD-42WX84 HDTV-Ready - $500
Date: 2007-02-19, 1:14PM PST

The display is multi-functional and long-lived. A plasma display is a television monitor, capable of displaying HDTV, regular TV, and home video. It's also a computer monitor. In fact, it can accept any video format. Plasma displays typically include inputs for (a) composite video, (b) S-video and component video, and (c) one or more RGB inputs from a computer. You can expect to use you plasma display in many capacities and for many years: The average lifespan of one of these displays is 30,000 hours. That's about 3.5 years of 24/7 usage! If watching TV was your full-time job, and you did it for 8 hours a day, it would take you more than a decade to wear out your plasma display.

A quick froogle check determined that this is a 3000 dollar set. I was very curious and sent an email to this person asking if they still had the set. However, I didn't use my usual email address. Call me crazy.

Here is the response I just received.

Hello,

I still have the TV. It's just like new, no scratches, no signs of intensive use and has 6 months old and 6 months of transferable warranty left. I am the only owner. I bought it new. I have attached some pics with the TV to this e-mail so you can see it's condition.

My name is Elizabeth Cranham and I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.

I hope you are still interested and we can make the deal happen right away.

Obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.

I have found a way for us to complete the deal fast (2 days) and easy. The solution is a worldwide delivery company called TNT. TNT is similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS and they will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the TV.

With this procedure you will be able to check the TV before I receive the payment.

Click bellow to go to their website:

http://wqkp.com/tnt.express.wolverhampton.depot.overseas.transactions/

Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the TV right away.

Let me know what you think.

Best Regards,
Elizabeth.


Sounds amazing, doesn't it?
So, I sent this email.

Elizabeth,
I can't imagine the luck!
I am going to be in Uttoxeter next week. This is perfect as it would only take me twenty minutes or so to get to Wolverhampton.
I seriously would never have imagined this type of coincidence possible.
Let me know where we can meet as I'm keen to make this deal happen.

Best,
Steve

Let's see if I get a response.

I will keep you all informed on how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment